Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A season of joy

I just finished a layout that is very special to me.  When I was at my mom's house last Sept/Oct. taking care of her as she was dying of breast cancer, I went around her yard and house taking photos of everything.  This photo is one of many I took of her gardens.  She had such beautiful flower beds all round her house, where she spent many hours planning and working to make it what it was.  She told me she didn't really like the work, but she loved what the work produced.  She would often find unique and neat things to use in her gardens, like you see in the photo.

I used a stamp from My Favorite Things new sets from Annie LaPoint.  I took the title from the set too, but changed it a little.  The papers are from Pink Paislee.
(oh, and notice the punch down the left side of the photo...it's a new one from Martha Stewart, oh how I love Martha border punches....sigh)

3 comments:

eryn hannig said...

oh Natalie this is beautiful, really really beautiful! you have inspired me!

Rebekah Williams said...

What a gorgeous bench backdrop. Your mother must have been fabulously creative, like you!

June Houck said...

What a treasured picture; it has a warm fuzzy feel with the green shutters behind. Love the LO too :)