Sunday, December 9, 2007

Tis the Season!!!

I just love this time of year. For me it starts sometime in November, with Thanksgiving and the thoughts and feelings that brings into my heart and my home. How blessed my family is and how much we have to share with others. Not so much monetarily but in other ways.

Melita over at the Scrapbook Oasis gave us a blog challenge asking us if we felt that Christmas was too commercialized. You know, I guess maybe in the malls and on TV it is, but in the walls of our home we try our hardest to not let it be. Don't get me wrong we LOVE Christmas, and every traditional thing that goes along with it. We LOVE Santa and definitely look forward to him bringing something special for everyone Christmas morning but to us it is so much more than that. As an active Christian family, our lives are centered around Jesus Christ so it is only natural that He is a big part of our Christmas. We sing the songs and read the scriptures, we have nativity scene that the children are allowed to play with and we talk about it all season long.

I think my husband and I are feeling especially grateful this year after all we went through with our son- we are so thankful that he survived and we are together as a family. And on that note I want to share a layout I did for Scrapbook Oasis
It features our 'miracle' son on his very first Christmas ever!!

6 comments:

janet said...

Loved reading this, Nat! Everything you said was so great. I am so glad your son is doing so well! Love the layout! Merry Christmas...hope it is wonderful!

Renee' Morris-Dezember said...

look at B...what a cutie...I love all those stars! TFS

Anonymous said...

Love your response Nat! So happy your son is doing well. The layout ROCKS! Merry Christmas to you and your family.

As The World Scraps said...

It is so wonderful to be able to reflect at what God has done for us. Merry Christmas Nat! Blessings for the New year!

ellen s. said...

fabulous! love it...i so agree about the commercialization of the holidays...and esp glad your son is doing so much better!

the cards look FAB TOO!

twinsand2boys said...

Love your journal entry. Your layout rocks! You are very blessed!